Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas

I don't mean to be the Grinch, but I really dislike Christmas... It's the time where your family comes together and pretends to be perfect for the sake of pictures that will last a lifetime. It's a time where tradition is kept and smiles are supposed to be baked. Where people come together to celebrate family. And I can't stand it. There's so many bad memories, and my family is gone. How do you celebrate a single day that ironically marks one of the worst days you can remember? How would you want to remember something so sad that it makes you want to burst into lonesome tears every time you see a Christmas tree? I don't. I don't like looking at Christmas trees. I can't stand the look of happiness on other people's faces. I can't be around so many people filled with happiness while I rot away inside myself. I cannot stand Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment